The placing of an order constitutes an acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
We only dispatch goods once we have received full payment there are no exceptions to this. To view a list of the forms of payment that we accept please view the payment and pricing section of our terms and conditions.
We Reserve the right to change postage rates at any time without prior notification.
We will endeavour to dispatch our items anywhere in the world although due to the fact that we are located in the UK we cannot dispatch items to the following countries: Iran, North Korea and Burma. This is because of UK, EU and other international embargoes that prevent UK based businesses from exporting to these countries. This list can be changed without prior notification and we will not be liable for any loss because of embargoes imposed on countries that customers are located in.
An e-mail will be sent by us once your item has been dispatched as long as valid e-mail address has been provided to us. We cannot be held responsible for e-mails not arriving. Items sent via Royal Mail standard 1st class postage and 1st class recorded postage can take between 2 and 3 working days to arrive and all orders will be dispatched before 2PM on the first working day that the order is received. Due to the number of items that we have for sale on our website we may occasionally sell out of items. We cannot be held responsible for delays in delivery if items are not in stock when it says that they are on the website. During busy times deliveries can take longer than 2-3 days. If an item is urgent we recommend paying for next day delivery.
Royal Mail Special Delivery offers a guaranteed next day delivery service so long as the order is placed before 2PM and the item is in stock and doesn’t need any additional work to be carried out on it i.e. ring sizes.
International delivery times vary considerably and can take anything from 5-14 working days for the item to arrive.
Once an item has been dispatched we are not liable for any delays in delivery times whether this is due to adverse weather conditions, industrial action by Royal Mail or any other event that is outside our control and could negatively impact upon the scheduled delivery time of an item.
If an item says that delivery takes 2-3 days we will endeavour to dispatch as soon as possible but this delivery is just a guide and it can sometimes take longer. If an item is required urgently please let us know and we will expedite a delivery as quickly as we can.
If Special delivery is selected for an item that says delivery takes 2-3 days it doesn't mean that it will be sent out the same day as the order is placed and it can take longer but we will endeavour to dispatch the item as quickly as possible.
Items sent to addresses within the UK are not considered lost until 14 Working days have passed. Working days are classed as Monday through to Friday excluding those days that are Bank/National Holidays.
Items sent abroad are not considered lost until 30 working days have passed. The same definition of Working days applies to International deliveries as to domestic UK deliveries.
General Terms and Conditions
Colcort Jewellery owns all the rights to all the content on this website including images. Images and other content may not be reused without prior consent although there are exceptions to this. If pages are shared for personal or non-commercial purposes that is fine. If you are unsure please contact us for confirmation.
Although we try to make sure that all website content is as accurate as possible, mistakes may be made for which we have no control over. We also cannot guarantee that colours in images shown on the website will be shown correctly on different computer monitors and the products shown may not be actual size either.
Due to manufacturing variances weights and measurements may vary slightly to what is advertised, but if the item varies drastically from that shown we will contact customers if these changes haven’t been made to the website.
Unless we have been negligent we cannot accept any liability for loss or damage arising from any reliance on the information contained within the website.
We cannot guarantee that the website www.colcort.co.uk is completely free from viruses and you should take your own precautions.
Access to the website may be interrupted without prior notice due to system failure, maintenece or repair which is beyond our control.
Links to other websites
We cannot be liable for any damage or loss caused by sites that are linked to from www.colcort.co.uk.
Termination of the website, services or content
We reserve the right to terminate the website in its entirety, remove any of the services on it or remove content if:
- There is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the website.
- There is an event that is beyond our control that stops us providing the website e.g. technical difficulties.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from at any time with no prior warning. If this happens we will post the new Terms and Conditions on the website under the Terms and Conditions section.
Buying goods online
By placing an order with us you are accepting the terms and conditions that we have laid out. We strongly urge you to read carefully the Terms and Conditions before placing an order.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form an offer is being made to purchase the goods, this will result in a binding contract. Orders will only be dispatched once we have received either full authorisation from your payment card issuer if paying by Credit or Debit card. Or confirmation of receipt of payment if paying by other means e.g. Pay Pal or BACS transfer. We will be not liable for any delay in dispatching items arising from authorisation not being received. We will not accept the order if authorisation is not received.
Certain steps must be followed for a contract to be formed as described below:
- After the order has been placed we will send you a confirmation e-mail acknowledging that we have received your order. This is not an acceptance of the order from us.
- When we dispatch your goods from our warehouse we will send a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail constitutes a formal acceptance of your order by us. This also means that a contract between us is agreed and we are obliged to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
We do not have to accept your order if:
- We don’t have the goods in stock.
- Your payment isn’t authorised.
- There is an error on our website regarding the price or other details of the goods.
- If the order has been cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
Cancelling an order
If you change your mind you can cancel your order and receive a full refund including postage costs at any point before it is dispatched. Please contact us before 2PM if you would like to cancel your order. There are certain situations where the order cannot be cancelled and a full refund cannot be given. These situations include resized rings in extra large or extra small sizes, or where the item has been engraved or personalised in some way. If you are unsure as to whether your order falls into these situations please contact us for details.
Pricing and Payment
Prices throughout the website are quoted in Pounds Sterling. While we make every effort to ensure that the goods shown on our website are currently available at the price shown on the website, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. If goods you have ordered online are unavailable we will notify you as soon as possible.
If paying by Credit or Debit Card the card for your order the card will be debited for the order on the day we dispatch your goods. But for other payment methods we require that payment is made up front in full before goods are dispatched.
Currently payment methods we accept include but are not limited to:
-2r terms and conditions.
- We do not accept American Express.
- Postal Orders must be made payable to ‘Colcort Jewellery’
- Cheques must be made payable to ‘Colcort Jewellery’. Goods will only be dispatched once full payment has been received and has cleared. This can sometimes take up to 5 working days.
- Pay Pal
- BACS transfer. Please contact us for Bank Account details to send payments to.
In order to preserve the environment and keep postage costs low we do not dispatch any of our jewellery in boxes unless otherwise agreed with us. Gift Boxes, Bags, pouches and a gift wrapping service are available to purchase before you finally complete your purchase and checkout.
From time to time we may send out promotional e-mails to past customers who have used either the website www.colcort.co.uk or our e-bay shop Colcort Jewellery. Each e-mail will have an unsubscribe link at the bottom. Alternatively if you no longer want to receive the e-mails you can send us an e-mail requesting to be taken off the mailing list.
When you order goods from us you can return them for a refund within 14 days for any reason for either a full refund or exchange for another item. There are though certain exceptions to this.
- We cannot refund postage unless we are at fault i.e. we have sent the wrong item or the item has got damaged in transit.
- We cannot give refunds on items that we feel have been deliberately damaged by the customer. If we deem an item to have been deliberately damaged we will either return the item to the customer or give a partial refund based upon the prevailing scrap price of the item in question.
- We cannot give refunds for any pierced items of jewellery i.e. earrings, Body Jewellery etc. We do this to ensure that we comply with health and safety regulations. Again we will either return the item to the customer or give a partial refund based upon the prevailing scrap value of the item in question.
- All items returned to us must be securely packaged. We cannot give refunds for items that have been damaged in transit on their way back to our warehouse.
- Items must arrive back to us in a good, unused/unworn condition.
- We cannot give refunds for personalised items that have for example been engraved.
- We cannot give full refunds for rings that have been resized to extra small/extra large sizes. We can however give a partial refund minus the cost of the resizing of the ring.
- We will not accept items that are ’Lost in the Post’. When returning items to us it is always best to use an appropriate postage method that is fully trackable such as Royal mail Recorded or Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Once we have received the item back to our premises and we are satisfied that the goods have been returned in a good state and their quality is intact we will then process the refund.
- All Diamond rings are made to order.
- All Diamond rings are considered to be spoke items.
- All Diamond rings cannot be returned for a refund as they are classed as bespoke items.
- If a Diamond ring is returned it will be subject to a restocking fee.
- If a wedding ring is purchased as part of the cost price deal, the other items purchased with it cannot be returned. They must all be returned together.
The placing of an order constitutes an acceptance of the following terms and conditions.